John Morgan, (a blind musician) living around 1740 played the crwth in the village. Newborough is also the home of The Prichard Jones Institute, considered an exceptional example of an early 20th century public institution. The Prichard Jones Institute and the six single-storey cottage homes that accompany it were gift to the village by Sir John Prichard Jones, who was born in Newborough. Sir John Prichard served an apprenticeship as a draper, eventually rising to the position of Chairman of the famous Dickins & Jones department store in London, to which he gave his name. The Institute was designed by Roland Lloyd Jones and completed in 1905 at a cost of £20,000. The neo-Tudor style two-storey building, complete with clock tower, is an unusually lofty design for a location often buffeted by strong south-westerly winds. The Institute appeared on the BBC2 programme, Restoration, in 2006.
There is an expansive sandy Blue Flag beach at Llanddwyn, which provides access to Llanddwyn Island, a mile-long rocky promontory. The remains of the 16th century church of St. Dwynwen, the Welsh patron saint of lovers is located on the island.
Newborough Beach is very popular as a Kitesurfing location.
Just outside the village, on the B4419 towards Llangaffo, is Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, which is the largest of its kind in Wales. On the A4080, towards Dwyran, there is a chance to view all of Anglesey's major attractions in miniature, at Anglesey Model Village.
Low property prices, a blue flagged beach, and the village now having high speed internet access, is giving the village a resurgence with an influx of people working from home (Teleworker).