In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting
for the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game
, Nerof Gasgal
is the Lord Mayor of the Free City of Greyhawk
, also known as Greyhawk City. He has held this position since 570 CY. He is also the Assistant Guildmaster of the Guild of Thieves.
Nerof Gasgal was born 540 CY
in Greyhawk. At some point, he joined the Guild of Thieves
, which was under the leadership of Arentol
In 570 CY, Gasgal became Lord Mayor of Greyhawk (it is assumed that he was a member of the Directing Oligarchy prior to that). One of the youngest mayors in Greyhawk's history, Gasgal and his allies on the Directing Oligarchy (who include Org Nenshen, his best friend, former partner, and guildmaster of the Thieves Guild) brought great changes and dynamism to the city government, including reforming the city's currency.
Gasgal has led Greyhawk for almost three decades, bringing the city to victory over its enemies, expanding its territory, and increasing its wealth. In fact, Gasgal is regarded as one of Greyhawk's greatest mayors, second only to Zagig Yragerne.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger. The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- Sargent, Carl. The City of Greyhawk (TSR, 1989).
- Ward, James M. Greyhawk Adventures (TSR, 1988).
- Weiss, Sam. "The Directing Oligarchs of Greyhawk." Wizards.com. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2008. Available online: