Major tributaries of the Nen River are:
- Gan River (甘河)(Right)
- Namoer/Nemor River (讷谟尔河) (Left)
- Nuomin River (诺敏河 ) (Right)
- Anlun River (雅鲁河)(Right)
- Wuyuer/Nuyur River (Left)
- Chuoer River (Right)
- Taoer/Chaor River (洮儿河) (Right)
- Huolin River (霍林河)(Right)
The river is prone to flooding, as occurred most recently in 1998 and 2005.
Floods Pose Threat to Chinese Oil Fields; Thousands of People Have Been Evacuated in the Worst Floods Seen in Nearly 50 Years
Aug 19, 1998; Soldiers struggled to keep a rain-swollen river out of a key Chinese industrial centre after raging waters two stories high...