Nassagaweya Township

Nassagaweya Township, Ontario

Nassagaweya Township is a geographic township and former municipality in Halton Region, Ontario, Canada.

The township was created in 1819, its name derived from the Mississauga word nazhesahgewayyong, meaning 'river with two outlets.' This refers to the fact that watercourses in the township drain to both Lake Ontario and the Grand River system.

Nassagaweya was originally part of Halton County. When the Regional Municipality of Halton was created in 1974, the Township became part of the Town of Milton.

Communities within the boundaries of the former township include Campbellville, Brookville, Moffat, Haltonville, Darbyville, Guelph Junction and Sayers Mills. Nassagaweya historically contained Eden Mills and borders on Kilbride.

Attractions

External links

Search another word or see Nassagaweya Townshipon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature
FAVORITES
RECENT

;