Narngulu is an outer suburb of the Western Australian city of Geraldton, and is for the most part an industrial area.
In the 1890s the town was known as Mullewa Junction as it was where the Cue
railway line met the Midland railway line, and the name was gazetted in 1903. By 1905, the town was starting to become confused with Mullewa
further east, and the Commissioner of Railways asked for the town to be renamed. The name Crowther, after a local merchant, was objected to by the Postmaster-General's Department
, as there was a town named Crowther between Cowra
in New South Wales. The name Narngulu, meaning "to remember" in a local Aboriginal
dialect, was chosen in 1906.
The Australian Railroad Group
operate a large rail yard at Narngulu. Titanium
minerals and zircon
are processed at the Iluka Resources
plant, with coal
being railed seven times a fortnight from Collie