Naresh (नरेश) is an Indian word which came from Sanskrit
, which is popularly used among Hindus
as common name. Naresh is another name for the Hindu god Shiva
, meaning "One who purifies everyone by the utterance of His name". Shiva is known as the protector of the universe and destroyer of evil. It also mean "King" or "Maharaja" or "Raja" .
Naresh also means Lord of Mankind.
Compound name composed of the elements nara - नर (people, male, a man) and ish - ईश (ruler): hence "ruler of people
Naresh may refer to:
- Naresh (city), was a city in Babylonia, situated near Sura on a canal
- Naresh (actor), Indian Tollywood actor
- Allari Naresh, an Indian movie actor who works in Tollywood.
- Ramnaresh Sarwan, A West Indian cricket player.
- Allari Naresh, Indian Tollywood actor
- Naresh Bhandari, a Nepalese politician
- Naresh Bhardwaj, a Canadian politician
- Naresh Dadhich, an academician
- Naresh Dalal, a physical chemist
- Naresh Goyal (born 1950), an Indian businessman
- Naresh Gujral, an Indian politician
- Naresh Iyer, an Indian singer
- Naresh Mehta, a Hindi writer
- Naresh Chandra Saxena (born 1934), an Indian Civil Servant
- Naresh Sohal (born 1939), an Indian composer
- Naresh Trehan, an Indian surgeon
- NARESH Balanagu,the future king.
- NARESH Munigela,the king.
- Naresh Maloo, born in Guyana, SA. Deported to America