Nil is a word commonly used to mean nothing or zero. See also null.
Specific uses of Nil include:
- In the card game, spades, when a player predicts that they will win zero tricks, this is commonly referred to as going nil.
- Nil is often used to describe score of Zero in Association football, for example a score of 1-0 may be described as "One, nil" and a score of 0-0 may be described as "Nil all".
- Nil is an American improvisational psychedelic rock band
- Nil is a Japanese rock trio fronted by Takano Tetsu, former vocalist of Malice Mizer.
- A keyword used to represent a null pointer in Pascal and Pascal-like programming languages.
- NIL is the name of an implementation of the LISP programming language
- Nil is a mock programming language.
- NIL is a Network Interface Language. See RFC 33.
- NiL, NiL Isn't Liero, a computer game.
- Nil: A Land Beyond Belief is a 2005 graphic novel published by SLG Press.
- "Nil" is used in some computer programming languages to indicate an invalid/uninitialized variable (e.g. Ruby), or an empty list (e.g. SML). See also Null (computer programming).
- In the LISP programming language NIL is used to denote falsehood and the empty list.
- Short form of Nilay, a Turkish female name and also, Nil Karaibrahimgil is a Turkish female singer.
- NIL may mean nanoimprint lithography.
- Nil is an album released by Japanese rock band Gazette.
- Nil is a brand of cigarettes produced by the Gallaher Group.
- N.I.L. ("Nihilism Is Liberation") is an American black metal band.
- North Island Line, a proposed extension railway of Hong Kong
- NIL: "Negative for Intraepithelial Lesion" is a result of a pap smear.