The Mudry CAP 20 is a French family of aerobatic competition single seater monoplanes.
Design and development
Developed at the same time as the CAP 10
as a single-seat aerobatic version. It was followed by a lightweight version designated the CAP 20L which in turn was replaced by the CAP 21 with more advanced wing.
- The CAP-20 is the first of the list, flown in the early 70's as a 200 hp powered narrow bodied CAP-10.
- The CAP-20L was a lightened version of the -200.
- The CAP-21 used the same fuselage but a different trapezoidal wing.
All of those planes used a 200hp version of the Lycoming AEIO-360 injected flat-4.
The CAP-21 was then developed as the CAP-230.
- Initial version.CAP 20L-180
- Lightweight variant powered by a 180hp (134kW) Avco Lycoming piston engine.CAP 20LS-200
- Lightweight variant powered by a 200hp (149kW) Avco Lycoming piston engine.CAP 21
- Improved version with new advanced aerofoil section wing CAP X
- Two-seat basic trainer variant.CAP X Super
- Proposed production version. Not built.CAP X4
- Proposed production version. Not built.