The manor of Moxhull was owned by the Lisle family from the 16th century and later by the Hackett family. The last Andrew Hackett died in 1815 and his widow married Berkeley Octavious Noel, a grandson of the 4th Earl of Gainsborough. Their son sold the estate to Thomas Ryland.
The original manor house, which stood in Moxhull Park, now the site of The De Vere Belfry Hotel and Golf Centre was destroyed by fire in about 1900. Losses in the fire included a fine oak staircase which had been installed from Kenilworth Castle in 1760.
The then Lord of the Manor, Howard Ryland, Lord Lieutenant of Warwickshire, built a new Manor House, Moxhull Hall a short distance away at Holly Lane, Wishaw. His grandson, Thomas Howard Ryland, sold the estate in 1926 and it fell into the owner ship of two other owners until, in 1969, Moxhull Hall was converted into an hotel.
Perspective: Reaching out with Music and a Poetry Sandwich; Today Is National Poetry Day. Jo Ind Meets the Birmingham Poet Who Will Be Singing for the City in the Coming Year
Oct 10, 2002; Byline: Jo Ind Julie Boden is unable to help herself. Ask her a prosaic question and she will give a poetic answer back. The...
HOTEL STAFF SPRUCE UP HOSPICE ROOMS; Businesses POST CONTACT CILLIAN O'BRIEN AT CILLIAN.OBRIEN@BIRMINGHAMPOST.NET THRIVE Supporting the PEOPLE Community
Apr 11, 2013; STAFF from a Sutton Coldfield hotel provided a different kind of room service when they volunteered to redecorate a local...