Mousse T. (born Mustafa Gündoğdu or Mustafa Gündoğlu on October 2, 1966 in Hagen, North Rhine-Westphalia) is a German DJ and record producer of Turkish descent. He is perhaps best known for his collaboration with Tom Jones, "Sex Bomb", released on the album Reload.
One of the first producers of house music in Germany, alongside contemporaries Boris Dlugosch, DJ Tonka and Ian Pooley, Mousse T. began his career in 1990 as keyboard player for a small band known as Fun Key B. At the same time, he set up his own recording studio and began DJing in the city of Hannover. Besides working on his own productions, usually with partner Errol Renalls, Mousse T. also wrote and produced tracks for other artists. In 1993, he founded, along with Renalls, Peppermint Jam Records, a label specializing in uplifting house music and melodic acid jazz.
His 1998 production "Horny" featuring Hot 'n' Juicy (and a chorus sung by Inaya Day) on vocals reached the top of the Billboard dance charts in the late 1990s and Top 20 in the UK and Australia. In the same year, he also became the first European to be nominated for a Grammy (for his remix of the Michael Jackson hit Ghost). His first album, Gourmet de Funk, was released in 2001. In 2004, he once again entered the Single Charts with his song "Is It 'Cos I'm Cool?", which is featured on his second album, All Nite Madness, also released in 2004.
In 2006, Placido & Loo released a mash-up called "Horny As A Dandy". The song fused the vocals of "Horny" and the music of "Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols.
- "Horny '98" (1998), with Hot 'n' Juicy (chorus sung by Inaya Day)
- "Ooh Song" (1999)
- "Sex Bomb" (1999), with Tom Jones
- "Saturday" (1999), with Cunnie Williams featuring Monie Love
- "Fire" (2002), with Emma Lanford
- "Let's Go to Bed" (2003), No Angels with Mousse T.
- "Is It 'Cos I'm Cool?" (2003), with Emma Lanford
- "Pop Muzak" (2004), with Andrew Roachford
- "Right About Now" (2004), with Emma Lanford (This song has been covered by the Young Divas)
- "Horny As A Dandy" (2006), vs. The Dandy Warhols
- "Start the Fire" (Red Edition) (2006), Tarkan with Mousse T.
- "Mine" (1994) with Davey Dee
- "Mind Flavor - EP" (1994)
- "Davey Dee & Mousse T - EP" (1995) (with Davey Dee)
- "Come And Get It" (1995)
- "Everybody" (1996)
- "Odyssey One" (1996), as Federation X (with Grant Nelson)
- "Keep Pushin'" (1996), as Booom! (with Boris Dlugosch & Inaya Day)
- "Hold Your Head Up High" (1997), as Booom!
- "Bad Boy" (1997)
- "Pianolick" (2000), as Afropeans
- "No. 1" (2001), as Afropeans
- "Miami Special" (2001), as Peppermint Jam Allstars (with Boris Dlugosch & Michi Lange)
- "Everybody" (2003), as Afropeans
- "Brother On The Run" (2003)
- "Better Things" (2004), as Afropeans (with Inaya Day)
- "Afropeans - EP" (2004), as Afropeans