Morgan Academy is a secondary school in Dundee, Scotland. It was designed in 1862 by the Edinburgh architects John Dick Peddie and Charles Kinnear, opening in 1868 as the Morgan Hospital, a charitable institution providing accommodation and education for "sons of tradesmen and persons of the working class generally whose parents stand in the need of assistance". The building is similar to Fettes College in Edinburgh. The architecture is designated as a Category 'A' listing by Historic Scotland.
Its benefactor was John Morgan, the son of a Dundee maltman, who emigrated to India at the age of 20 where, with his brother, he became a wealthy indigo farmer. Upon his death in 1850 he bequeathed much of his fortune to establish a residential institution. The hospital closed in 1888 and was bought by the Dundee Burgh School Board, who re-opened it as a school.
The school suffered a fire in 2001 which destroyed much of the building. The school has been rebuilt using the original facade and look. The school re-opened in August 2004.
The school consists of four houses, which pupils enter randomly upon admission, or depending on previous or current family alliegiances. The four houses are Airlie, Cortachy, Glamis and Mains all of which are named after castles in Dundee or Angus. The houses compete for the House Championship and each year elect House Captains, one male and one female from Sixth Year. The current Rector of Morgan Academy is Stephen Shaw.