Ludham was transferred from No. 12 Group RAF to the Admiralty on 24 August 1944 and occupied by the Mobile Naval Airfields Organisation. RNAS Ludham was commissioned as HMS Flycatcher, RNAS Ludham on 4 September under the command of the Senior Officer Mobile Naval Airfields Organisation. At Ludham the MNAO assembled and despatched the first five Mobile Naval Air Bases (MONAB) and one "Transportable Aircraft Maintenance Yard" (TAMY). Flycatcher moved from Ludham to RAF Middle Wallop which was more advantageous to shipping the assembled units to the Far East. In return the RAF took Ludham on again.
Filming took place in the village centre and shows many buildings and features (like the Bakers Arms pub and the very narrow main road through the village) which are no longer there.
A photograph showing filming and more information about Ludham can be accessed at the Ludham Community Archive website http://www.ludhamarchive.org.uk/nita.htm