may refer to:
- Indo-Iranian '''Mitra:
- Mithra in Herodotus Histories I.131 is a divinity identified with the planet Venus and equated with Aphrodite, Mylitta and Alilat. This is either a confusion with Aredvi Sura Anahita (so Nyberg, Boyce and others) who is also identified with Venus, or as has been more recently proposed, a reference to Venus' role as the morning-star, which corresponds to Mithra's role as harbinger of the sun.
- Mitra in Robert E. Howard's Hyborian Age stories is the name of the most popular of the "Hyborian" deities, and one of the few who represent a traditional Western concept of Good.
- Mitra is a genus of Neogastropod snail in the family Mitridae.
- mitra (μἱτρα) is also Greek for a headband or turban, whose modern descendant is the episcopal mitre.
- Mitra is a Bengali and Punjabi family name
- Mitra is a Portuguese slang term corresponding to the British chav
- Mithra is a race in Final Fantasy XI
- Mitra is a local departement store chain in the city of Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
- Mitra is a term used by buddhists to connote a helpful friend
The most popular usage of the word 'mitra' in the Hellinic (Greek as we say today) language, by definition means the woman's womb. This is the family word for the word 'mitr'= mother, and also life, birth, creation