Minoru Chapel, which was originally built on the corner of River Road and No. 3 Road in Richmond, is a small white wooden chapel that is now housed within Richmond's (Vancouver, Canada) Minoru Park. The chapel was built in 1891 and was originally run by the Methodist Church, and later by the United Church. It was constructed by the Fraser River so it would easily be reached by boat (at the time Richmond had few roads). Minoru Chapel was moved to the park in 1967. The chapel's convenient location and historical charm make it a popular place to get married, and up to eight weddings take place a day throughout the summer months. Every year a large number of couples from Japan books weddings at the chapel.