Minnesota State Highway 149 is a highway in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. It was once part of Minnesota State Highway 49 before that highway was turned back to local control in St. Paul. Before 1934, it was part of the original routing of U.S. Route 65.
The highway starts as Smith Avenue in St. Paul and passes over the High Bridge. Outside the St. Paul city limits, most of it is known as Dodd Road. Dodd Road was a historic route in Minnesota, originally built in 1853 by Minnesota pioneer William B. Dodd and his crew. The road was built as a connection between Mendota, Minnesota and St. Peter, Minnesota to help the development of St. Peter during its frontier days. Dodd Road was financed using private funds at a time when most roads were financed by the government to aid settlers. Highway 149 today bears little resemblance to the frontier road.