The Northern Electric Railway, Marysville and Colusa Branch
was incorporated on June 6, 1910, to construct a branch from a junction with Northern Electric's mainline near Yuba City (Colusa Junction) then west for 22.39 miles to Colusa, California. The construction of the branch commenced in December 1911 and was completed on June 16, 1913. The Northern Electric Railway, Marsyville and Colusa Branch operated under lease to the Northern Electric Railway
. The Northern Electric Railway was an interurban
On June 30, 1918, the Northern Electric Railway was sold to the Sacramento Northern Railroad, which would later become the Sacramento Northern Railway.
- Colusa Junction (with Northern Electric's Chico-Sacramento mainline)
The track between Tarke and Colusa was abandoned prior to 1974. The branch was later known as the Tarke Branch. Abandonment of the Tarke Branch was applied for in the early 1980s by Sacramento Northern's parent, Western Pacific Railroad. The track was eventually abandoned between Sutter and Tarke. Today, only the track between Colusa Junction and Sutter remains and is operated by Western Pacific's successor, the Union Pacific Railroad.