Milicent Washburn Shinn
(1858 - August 14
) was a child psychologist who was the first female to receive a doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley
. She finished her undergraduate degree in 1880, edited the Overland Monthly
from 1882-1894, and received her Ph.D. in 1898. She died in Niles, California.
- The Leland Stanford, Junior, University (1891)
- Notes on the development of a child, 2 volumes, University of California Studies, (1893).
- Notes on Children's Drawings (1897)
- The Biography Of A Baby (1900)
- The Development of the Senses in the First Three Years of Childhood, (1908)