Middlefork Township is a township in Vermilion County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 1,404.
Middlefork Township was one of the eight townships created in 1851 and included all the land that later became Butler
The first settlers in the township were Samuel Partlow and his wife and four sons, who arrived from Kentucky in 1829. A harsh winter caused the loss of all their cattle, and there was little game available for food; Samuel died that year and the family returned to Kentucky. However, the next year, they came back again.
Middlefork Township covers an area of 63.73 square miles (165.07 square kilometers); of this, 0.02 square miles (0.04 square kilometers) or 0.02 percent is water. The streams of Bean Creek, Bluegrass Creek and Knights Branch run through this township.
Cities and towns
The township contains seven cemeteries: Ingersoll, Old Partlow, Old Sowdowsky, Outton Family, Partlow, Potomac and Wallace Chapel.