- For other airports with this name, see Falcon Field.
Falcon Field , also known as Peachtree City Airport or Peachtree City - Falcon Field Airport, is a small municipal airport in Peachtree City, Georgia, United States. It is owned by Peachtree City Airport Authority. Located 25 miles (40 km) southwest of the central business district of Atlanta, it is the location for the National Weather Service's Atlanta forecast office, which serves almost all of northern and central Georgia.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Falcon Field is assigned FFC by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA.
Facilities and aircraft
Peachtree City-Falcon Field covers an area of 328 acres
) which contains one asphalt
(13/31) measuring 5,219 x 100 ft (1,591 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending February 15, 2005, the airport had 52,592 aircraft operations, an average of 144 per day: 99% general aviation
and 1% military. There are 184 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single engine, 19% multi-engine, 2% helicopters
and 1% jet aircraft.
Falcon Air Services, Inc. is located mid-field and is home to Falcon Aviation Academy, Falcon Air Charters, and Falcon Aviation Maintenance.
- Falcon Aviation Academy is a premier flight center with a fleet of over thirty Diamond aircraft, including the DA-20 Eclipse, DA-40 Star, and DA-42 Twin Star. The Academy is poised at the leading edge of advanced avionics technology with aircraft equipped with Garmin G-1000 avionics. Multiple training programs are available from Private Pilot through Certified Flight Instructor with an opportunity for employment upon program completion.
- Falcon Air Charters services most destinations in the eastern United States.
- Falcon Aviation Maintenance is a certified Diamond Aircraft Service Center offering years of experience on all categories of aircraft. Falcon Aviation Maintenance offers a full staff of Airframe and Powerplant mechanics.
- Falcon Air Services, Inc. is also available at Athens, GA (AHN), Peachtree-Dekalb, GA (PDK), and Newnan, GA (CCO).
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co, a large distributor of everything from hardware to pilot supplies, is located adjacent to the Falcon Field airport in a facility. Moving to this new location in 2003, they previously resided in Griffin, GA. Though mostly a mail-order business, they also operate a retail store within this facility.