In 1810, the County Megen became a municipality to which Haren and Macharen were added in 1821. The municipality Megen, Haren en Macharen became a part of the municipality Oss in 1994.
Currently, there are two monasteries in Megen. One is inhabited by the Clarissas (also called the Poor Clares), followers of St. Clare of Assisi. The other is occupied by the Franciscans, followers of St. Francis of Assisi. Of the two castles Megen used to have, only one tower is remaining.