John Henry Chamberlain (J. H. Chamberlain), William Martin, and Frederick Martin were architects in Victorian Birmingham, England. Their names are attributed singly or pairs to many red brick and terracotta buildings, particularly 41 of the the forty-odd Birmingham board schools made necessary by the Elementary Education Act 1870.John Henry Chamberlain (1831-1883)
Martin & Chamberlain were responsible for the Birmingham board schools, being made architects to the new Schools Board in 1871 and building 30 schools between 1871 and 1883, using Chamberlain's gothic design and bold visible ironwork. They were the surveyors for the new Corporation Street from 1878.
They designed police stations, public baths and waterworks.
In 1871 Martin & Chamberlain were responsible for St Barnabas church in the Franche area of Kidderminster. St John's Church in Sparkhill, built in 1888, and St. Cyprian's Church, Hay Mills are further examples of their work.