) is an Australian
author and journalist.
Her lifelong interest in World War II has been influenced by her family history; five of her mother's six younger brothers enlisted in the services during the war, and two died. Margaret travelled throughout Australia, England, Scotland and Italy to interview people for her latest book, 'Blood, Sweat and Tears'. She is the author of the critically acclaimed Remembering Bradman and Remembering Weary: Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop - as remembered by those whose lives he touched. Margaret is also the author of a novel, Unseemly Longing.
In 2004, Miriam Rosenbloom was the winner of The Hachette Livre Australia Young Designer of the Year award, for her folio of book illustrations. Among the titles in her folio was Blood, Sweat and Tears
by Margaret Geddes.
- ''Arts Funding Guide for Community Organisations in Victoria' - compiled and written by Margaret Geddes for the Victorian Arts Council in association with the Country Education Project and the Community Arts Network. (Victorian Arts Council, Camberwell Vic, 1987)
- Mother & Baby : a Survival Guide for the First Twelve Months and Beyond. (Viking O'Neil in association with the Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia, Ringwood Vic, 1988) ISBN 0670901113
- A Great Idea : Peace and Women Politicians of Victoria. (League of Women Voters of Victoria, Gardenvale Vic, 1989) ISBN 0731679032
- As I was saying-- : the Wit & Wisdom of Australian Women (The Five Mile Press, Balwyn Vic, 1990) ISBN 0867882670
- The Sound of Melbourne : 75 Years of 3LO - written and produced by Ross, Hutchinson & Associates; text: Margaret Geddes ... et al. (ABC Books, Sydney, 1999) ISBN 0733308236
- Australian Almanac 2000. (Hardie Grant Books, South Yarra, 2000) ISBN 1864980826
- Remembering Weary: Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop - as remembered by those whose lives he touched. (Viking, Ringwood Vic, 1996) ISBN 0670867055
- Remembering Bradman.(Viking, Camberwell Vic, 2002) ISBN 067091231X
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - Australia's WWII remembered by the men and women who lived it, (Penguin Books, Sydney, 2004) ISBN 0-14-300131-0
- Unseemly Longing: A Novel. (Viking Penguin, Ringwood Vic, 1997) ISBN 0140258329