The Ministry Of Manpower
: 新加坡人力部) is a ministry
of the Government of Singapore
that directs the formulation and implementation of policies related to manpower in Singapore.
The mission of the Ministry of Manpower is to achieve a globally competitive workforce and great workplace, for a cohesive society and a secure economic future for all Singaporeans.
Ministry of Manpower's vision of "A Great Workforce A Great Workplace" serves to reflect the shared aspirations of MOMers for their ministry as an organization
. It also represents the aspiration of MOM to achieve "A Great Workforce and a Great Workplace" for Singapore.
A Great Workforce/A Great Workplace are presented as a pairing, because MOM sees the workplace as the container for human capital. Human capital realises its potential and creates value not in a vacuum but most often in organisational settings. The setting plays a critical part in determining whether individual talent is developed and potential realised, or remains latent and untapped.
MOM claims its vision embodies the aspirations of lifelong learning and the need for Singaporeans to adapt, learn and re-learn skills, attitudes and competencies for lifelong competitiveness and employability, in order to cope effectively with the demands of the changing economic environment; it also emphasises the empowerment of people to create their own desired future. This involves capacity development, both individually through adult training and development, and collectively in teams, organisations and nationally.
The MOM oversees 14 divisions and 3 statutory boards. These are:
- Corporate Communications Department
- Corporate Planning Department
- Customer Responsiveness Department
- Foreign Manpower Management Division
- Income Security Policy Department
- International Manpower Division
- Labour Relations and Workplaces Division
- Legal Services Department
- Manpower Planning and Policy Division
- Manpower Research and Statistics Department
- Occupational Safety and Health Division
- People Matters Department
- Work Pass Division
- Workplace Policy and Strategy Division
- Central Provident Fund Board
- Singapore Workforce Development Agency
- Singapore Labour Foundation