is a village
in Warren County
, United States
. The population was 885 at the 2000 census
, up from 359 in 1990
. It is called Maineville as the original settlers were from the state of Maine
Maineville is located at (39.316998, -84.222924).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.6 km²), all of it land.
As of the census
of 2000, there were 885 people, 364 households, and 258 families residing in the village. The population density
was 3,637.1 people per square mile (1,423.8/km²). There were 390 housing units at an average density of 1,602.8/sq mi (627.4/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.64% White
, 0.23% African American
, 0.11% Asian
, 0.34% from other races
, and 0.68% from two or more races. Hispanic
of any race were 0.90% of the population.
There were 364 households out of which 30.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.2% were married couples living together, 7.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.1% were non-families. 26.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 17.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 2.94.
In the village the population was spread out with 22.3% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 34.9% from 25 to 44, 21.5% from 45 to 64, and 14.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 88.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 80.1 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $55,714, and the median income for a family was $65,089. Males had a median income of $43,828 versus $28,636 for females. The per capita income for the village was $24,054. About 2.0% of families and 3.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.0% of those under age 18 and 6.8% of those age 65 or over.
Chief of Police is John Reynolds
- Elva R. Adams. Warren County Revisited. [Lebanon, Ohio]: Warren County Historical Society, 1989.
- Robert Brenner. Maineville, Ohio, History: 100 Years as an Incorporated Town, 1850-1950. Cincinnati: John S. Swift, 1950.
- The Centennial Atlas of Warren County, Ohio. Lebanon, Ohio: The Centennial Atlas Association, 1903.
- Josiah Morrow. The History of Warren County, Ohio. Chicago: W.H. Beers, 1883. (Reprinted several times)
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 6th ed. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme, 2001. ISBN 0-89933-281-1
- William E. Smith. History of Southwestern Ohio: The Miami Valleys. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing, 1964. 3 vols.
- Warren County Engineer's Office. Official Highway Map 2003. Lebanon, Ohio: The Office, 2003.