Mahni Khera (also known as Mani Khera) is a village in India. It is located in North India's state Punjab and is in District Muktsar. People of different caste live there. Majority of them are Sikh.
Famous Punjwood actor Gugu Gill is a resident of Mahni Khera and he is the son of Late Sardar Surjit Singh Gill. Many people from Mahni Khera are now in different parts of world.
According to 1991 census , total population of village was 1648.
It was named after the name of a Muslim leader of village, Muhammad Mahni.
Effect of partition
After the partition of Pakistan
left the village.
People of different surnames live there; the main surnames are Sekhon, Gill and Punia. Majority of people of Mahnikhera are Sikh.
Sardar Davinder singh Gill
(producer of movie put jati de')
- Late Sardar Surjit Singh Gill (Sarpanch)
- Dr. Kuljeet Kaur Sekhon Brar (a PhD scholar) - lecturer in Education, Department of Correspondence studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh and author of Punjabi poetry books "Satrangi" and "Tere Ghar Di Deewar" was born at Mahni Khera.
- Nirmaljeet Nimma - Singer of Punjabi Songs " Chhawan Dandian Ne Board Diyan"
- Kulbir Singh Sekhon - Eminent Lawyer and Executive Member bar Association, Chandigarh practicing in Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.
- Swaran Singh Sandhu, Sub-Inspector in Punjab Police.
- Balwinder Singh Sekhon, Inspector in Punjab Police.
- Dr. Sukhdev Singh Setia, p.a. to Harish Rai Ddanda (Chief Parliamentary Secretary Punjab Govt.)
- Dr. Navdeep Kaur Sekhon - Doctor in New York City'''
- Raj Bahadur Singh doing engineering at G.T.B.K.I.E.T Chhapianwali.
It is located 21 km from Malout and 51 km from Muktsar city. It is located in developement block Lambi.
The village has one Gurudwara
The village has one Primary school. Closest High school is at village Sham khera.