A mobile Virtual Private Network
) is telecommunication
solution that integrates all offices and employees in a common network that includes all mobile
and desk phones
. Simultaneously mVPN makes internal communication more efficient, by providing additional services and guarantees high quality for best value.
Through a connection between a leased line
) and an enterprise PABX
(Private Automatic Branch Exchange) system, it connects remote and mobile users with the company.
Using mVPNs the company has the following advantages :
- Direct connectivity - the corporate network becomes part of mobile operator's network through direct connection
- Private numbering plan - the communication is tailored to company organisation
- Corporate Business Group - all offices and employees are part of one common group, that includes all mobile and desk phones
- Short dialling - a short number to access each employee, no meter on his mobile or desk phone
- Smart Divert - easy divert within company group
- Groups and subgroups - Several sub-groups could be defined within the group with different changing as well as with separate numbering plan
- Calls control - certain destinations could be allowed or barred both on mobile and desk phones.
MVPN also stands for Multicast-VPN, which is an IETF draft which describes the implementation of customer multicast traffic over a service provider enabled MPLS backbone.