is a ground-based experiment simulating manned flight to Mars
, will start in the fourth quarter of 2008
at the Institute of Biomedical Problems
of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Six volunteers were to be selected internationally. The experiment was slated to last between 520 and 700 days. During this time investigators-volunteers live and work in the special complex, communicating with the outer world only by means of e-mail.
- Age — 25-50 years old.
- Higher education.
- Professional requirements:
Language skills — knowledge of the Russian and English languages at the level providing professional and every day communication.
- general practitioner having skills of first medical aid
- physician-investigator having skills of clinical laboratory diagnostics
- engineer - specialist in life support systems
- engineer - specialist in computer techniques
- engineer - specialist in electronics
- engineer - mechanic
News on the project