Lux Aeterna is an album by Dave Fitzgerald. Released in 1997.
This is the second solo album from flute and saxophone player Dave Fitzgerald who was a founding member of Iona. Recorded partly in the studio, and partly in the St. Edmundsbury Cathedral, England, Lux Aeterna covers a number of themes, including the Crucifixion in the chilling "Golgotha"; the Resurrection, and of course, the meaning of 'Light'. The album contains numerous instrumentals, but several tracks include vocals. Guest appearances include Adrian Snell, Claire Tomlin (Monteverdi Choir, Ex Cathedra choir), Joanne Hogg (lead singer of Iona), Nick Beggs (ex Iona and Kajagoogoo) and the St. Edmundsbury Cathedral Choir.
- "Ave Verum Corpus"
- "Steal Away"
- "Peace Be With You"
- "Light - Vocal Reprise"
- "Agnus Dei"
- "Only Jesus"
- Dave Fitzgerald - Soprano & Tenor Saxophones, Flutes, Assorted Woodwind
- Adrian Snell - Vocals
- Claire Tomlin - Soprano on Steal Away and Agnus Dei; and voice on Peace Be With You.
- Joanne Hogg - Soprano 2 on Agnus Dei
- Tim Oliver - Keyboards
- Nick Beggs - Chapman Stick
- Neil Costello - Guitars
- Martin Neil - Percussion
- Vanessa Freeman - Voice
- Sarah Fitzgerald - Child's voice
- St. Edmundsbury Cathedral Choir - Choir
- Mervyn Cousins - Choir director
- Scott Farrell - Cathedral organ
- 1997, UK, ICC Records ICCD20330, Release Date ? ? 1997, CD
- 1997, UK, ICC Records ICC20320, Release Date ? ? 1997, Cassette