is a brand of disposable diapers
made by Procter & Gamble
. It was once sold as a deluxe brand, but now it is a budget brand.
- Newborn Up to 10 lb (up to 4.5 kg)- These are for smaller newborn infants. May be too small for some infants.
- 1 8-14 lb (4-6 kg)For larger newborns and infants up to 3 months old.
- 2 12-18 lb (5-8 kg)For infants from about 2 months to 6 months.
- 3 16-28 lb (7-13 kg)For the transition of infancy and toddlerhood - for babies from about 5 months to 2 years.
- 4 22-37 lb (10-17 kg)for toddlers to preschoolers from about 1 year to just about 3 years of age.
- 5 27+ lb (12+ kg)for toddlers to preschoolers from about 2 and a half years to 4 years old. Ideal for preschoolers who still wet heavily at night. About the size of size 4 underwear.
- 6 35+ lb (16+ kg)for larger toddlers as well as preschoolers and elementary school kids. For children 3 and a half to 6. For children who toilet train later than usual as well as those who may be trained during the day but need nighttime protection for bedwetting and wet too heavily for Pull Ups products. About the size of Size 6 underwear.
- Ultra Clean Wipes (lightly scented)
- Luvs Training Pants (no longer manufactured)
- Luvs Sleepdrys Disposable Night Time Underpants (no longer manufactered - for older children who still have problems at night)
- Luvs SplashWear (no longer manufactured)
- 1976: The brand is introduced, with help from astronaut Kenneth Buell.
- 1984: New Luvs are introduced with thicker padding.
- 1985: Baby Pants are introduced.
- 1986: Super Baby Pants are introduced. Extra large size is also introduced.
- 1987: Luvs Deluxe is introduced, a diaper that claims to be "so leak-resistant, it works overnight."
- 1990: Luvs Deluxe introduces single-sex diapers, differentiating the spot where boys and girls wet most.
- 1991: Pampers and Luvs Phases are introduced.
- 1994: Luvs introduces the Dri-Weave, an absorbent material found in Always. This was only used for a short while. The product became a budget brand.
- 1995: Luvs introduces a diaper for both boys and girls.
- 1996: Luvs introduces the stretch diaper, a diaper that features the "elastic waistband".
- 1998: Barney the Dinosaur first appears on Luvs diapers, in consideration to the theatrical release of Barney's Great Adventure.
- 1999: Luvs introduces the Size 6.
- 2000: Luvs SplashWear is introduced.
- 2001: Luvs Overnight Leakguards are introduced. Shortly thereafter Luvs began using a cloth-like cover.
- 2002: Luvs SleepDrys, disosable underpants for older children with bed-wetting problems. They were discontinued in 2004.
- 2004: Blue's Clues designs first appear. At that point, the diapers were made with softer material and the Velcro tabs were more cloth-like.
- 2006: "The Change to Luvs Challenge" is first used in that year.
- 2007: Bear Hug Stretch is introduced.
- Luvs print ads have been seen in magazines. (Examples)
Campaigns have gone throughout changes. In the late 1970s, Luvs commercials emphasized its comfortable fitting thanks to the padding's hourglass shape that prevented the diaper from bunching between baby's legs. It featured the jingle "Your baby's comfort begins with Luvs."
It has gone throughout the "leakage protection" campaign in the 80s. From 1993-95 the "Talking diaper" was seen in the ads. Luvs began the "money saving" campaign in 1994. In 1995
the commercials began with a mother talking about buying expensive diapers with a baby wearing a diaper. Then she talks how Luvs work great on leaks and cost less. In 1998
Luvs began the "Water balloon on diaper" campaign, which starts with a balloon
on a faucet
inflating with water. Then a hole is poked with string
and then it is put on the diaper, then moving to the chair. Then once the balloon is deflated, the diaper demonstrated on how they work on leaks. The campaign was brought back in 2001
when Luvs began using the cloth-like cover, this time placing the water balloon on diaper on cotton balls. It was brought back again in 2006
, bringing it back to putting it on a chair but with Blue
being on the chair first then switching to the water balloon on diaper. Recently there was "All You Need is Luvs", a parody of The Beatles
' All You Need is Love
North American License
currently appears on Luvs products.