Rexford is located just east of the City of Schenectady.
This view shows the west side of the bridge. Beyond the bridge is the historic remains of the 1842 Erie Canal Aqueduct. We can see two of the original 14 arches remain on the south side of the river. Not shown is the single arch that remains on the north side of the Mohawk River. The 1842 aqueduct replaced the original 1824 aqueduct at this site when the Erie Canal was enlarged during the years of 1835- 1862.
This view shows the Rexford Bridge, Bridge 8, as seen from nearby Kiwanis Aqueduct Park. The bridge was designed by the New York State Department of Public Works and opened in 1965. It has a total length of 727 feet and a main span of 266 feet.
|West||Erie Canal Locks||East|
|Bridge 10||Lock 7 and Bridge 7B|