Above the head of the loch, Tummel Bridge crossing the River Tummel actually has two bridges. The original bridge built by General Wade in 1730 has a modern replacement alongside carrying the traffic from Aberfeldy. Notable visitors who have stayed in this area include Mendelssohn and Swinburne. The northern side of the loch has many duns, forts and cairn circles. At the eastern end, high in Glen Fincastle to the north, sits Fincastle House, a 17th-century seat of a branch of the Stewarts, with links to the 1745 rebellion. At the head of the glen are the standing stones of Clachan Aoraidh in the Allean Forest.
Loch Tummel Sailing Club (LTSC) are based at Foss on the south west shore of the loch. From April and October the club organises dinghy racing (RS200/400,Europes, Toppers and Lasers among a diverse group). Day boats (FF15, Yomen) are also sailed .
The Loch is olso very popular with campers during the spring and summer.