is a parish in the district of Ponta Delgada
in the Azores
. The population in 2001
is 3,489, its density is 626.4/km² and the area is 5.57 km². Livramento are has mountains covered with laurisilva
forests to the north, the Atlantic is to the south, the rest of the lands are made up of farms. Livramento is located in the southwestern part of the island of São Miguel
and is connected by roads linking Ponta Delgada and Lagoa
. The main industry are agriculture and some businesses. Livramento is accessed with a bus transport to Ponta Delgada and Lagoa.
- São Pedro, west and northwest
- downtown Ponta Delgada, southwest
- Latitude: 37.75 (37°45') N
- Longitude: 25.61667 (25°37') W
Livramento has two schools, a lyceum, two beaches, a church and a square (praça).
- http://www.azoren-online.com/saomiguel/tipps/sehenswuerdigkeiten/relva/index.shtml (in German)
- Map and aerial photos