The coaster was built by The Allan Herschell Company and began operating in April 1952, making it the oldest operating steel roller coaster in North America. In the 1970s, the original train was replaced with one that had silver with blue accents. For the 2006 season it was repainted red with white accents.
The coaster has one three-car train. Riders are seated two across with two rows per car, giving the coaster a capacity of 12 riders.