It is bounded on the north by St Juliot, on the east by St Juliot and Davidstow, on the south by Davidstow, and on the west by Minster. This small thinly populated parish, set in farmland with only a few houses, farms and a church, is about six miles east of Tintagel Head, and two miles inland from Boscastle. Lesnewth manor is mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086. Lesnewth was also the name of one of ten ancient administrative shires of Cornwall - see "Hundreds of Cornwall".
The oldest buildings of Lesnewth include The Church, The Rectory, The Mill and Penpol, the latter of which is believed to be the original farm house to the surrounding north facing valley side. These buildings date back over 400 years, although there is believed to be settlement in this area and on the opposing side of the Valencey valley for over 1000 years.
WALK OF THE MONTH REALLY COOL ; Boscastle Is Nearly Back to Normal after the Devastating Flood of 2004. Easter 2006 Is Just the Time to See How This Cornish Village Has Come Back to Life, Writes Mark Rowe
Apr 16, 2006; Until the summer of 2004, Boscastle was a pleasant Cornish village, a little too popular for its own good on a busy summer's day....