(born January 21
in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
) is a play-by-play
announcer for the Chicago Cubs
(2005-present), teaming with Bob Brenly
, and Comcast SportsNet
. His previous stints were with the Florida Marlins
(2002-2004) and Milwaukee Brewers
(1999-2001). Before then, he worked for WTMJ-AM
(620) in Milwaukee as the host of the station's daily sports show, hosted pregame and halftime shows for the Green Bay Packers
, and was a co-host on a hot stove league
show on the Brewers' radio network. He was actually the Cubs' third choice for an announcer behind Dave O'Brien
and Matt Vasgersian
- He and his wife Pam have one son, named Leo.
- Growing up in Michigan, his broadcasting influence was the Detroit Tigers' legendary broadcaster, Ernie Harwell.
- One of Len's favorite movies is Singles.
- He graduated from Shepherd High School.
- He graduated summa cum laude from Marquette University with a degree in public relations in 1993.
- Twice performed in concert with Bob Brenly at the annual Len & Bob Bash.
- Was a big fan of Strat-O-Matic table top baseball. He played as the San Francisco Giants and, coincidentally, Bob Brenly.
- Usually gets involved with the fans after games, when coming down from the booth at Wrigley Field.
- Once made a deal with a fan through an e-mail that if the Cubs went on a ten-game winning streak, he would have to grow facial hair, and Bob Brenly would have to shave his.
- "We're very high right now, and I'm not referring to our Woodstock conversation." (talking about the broadcasting booth at the Washington Nationals' stadium)- Cubs @ Nationals (April 27, 2008)