is a villageand
is also a civil parish
within Aylesbury Vale district
. It is near the border with Northamptonshire
, about three miles north east of Buckingham
, and to the west of Milton Keynes
The village name is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'homestead where leeks are grown'. In the Domesday Book of 1086 the village was recorded as Lechamstede.
In the middle of the 16th century the village was split into two halves, Leckhampstead Magna and Leckhampstead Parva, with the foundation of a manor house in the latter. However within a couple of centuries the two halves were joined up again when the incumbent of Leckhampstead Magna inherited Leckhampstead Parva.
The parish church is dedicated to St Mary the Virgin. The village should not be confused with other places called Leckhampstead.