Leaves of Grass is an upcoming comedic thriller film written and directed by Tim Blake Nelson and starring Edward Norton, Richard Dreyfuss, Susan Sarandon, and Keri Russell.
An Ivy League philosophy (Norton) professor is lured back into his home town by his small-time and marijuana growing twin brother (also Norton) for a doomed scheme against a local drug lord (Dreyfuss) that unravels his life.
- Edward Norton has a dual role as the two identical twin brothers, one of whom is an Ivy League philosophy professor and the other is a brilliant marijuana growing career criminal. Nelson wrote the screenplay with Norton in mind to play the roles, saying that "there would have been no second choice" if Norton had said no. Norton said on his reaction to reading the script, "I liked it so much, and felt so strongly that it was a film Tim understood to his core, that I took it to my partners and suggested we produce it. This is exactly the kind of personal film-making that we set out to support." On being approached to play twin brothers, he said, "The challenge of playing twins for an actor is very special, and I was very flattered that Tim sent 'Leaves of Grass' to me."
- Richard Dreyfuss as the local drug lord
- Susan Sarandon as the brothers' eccentric mother
- Keri Russell as the love interest of one of the brothers
- Tim Blake Nelson as the best friend to one of the brothers
- Steve Earle
- Lucy DeVito