The village is about 7 miles (11 km) south-west of Rugby and west of the A426 road between Rugby and Southam. To the north of the village is the Draycote Water reservoir. Administratively, Leamington Hastings forms part of the Borough of Rugby.
The village contains the historic "All Saints' Church" and some preserved 17th-century almshouses.
The renowned pathologist Bernard Spilsbury lived in Leamington Hastings.
The Christopher Saxton map of Warwickshire (1637 edition) includes a curious transposition: Leamington Hastings appears as 'Lemington priors', and what is now called Leamington Spa, or Royal Leamington Spa, appears as 'Lemington hastings'.
The first mention of a post office in Leamington Hastings was in September 1845 when an undated circular handstamp was issued. The village post office closed in May 1979.
As well as the village of Leamington Hastings, the civil parish of the same name also covers the nearby hamlets of Broadwell, Hill and Kites Hardwick. In the 2001 census the parish had a population of 450.
Friendships key to musical treat; TheDailyReview EMMA JOHNSON & LEON McCAWLEY All Saints Church, Leamington Hastings.
Sep 30, 2009; Byline: Patsy Fuller THE wheels of friendship were at work when these two top-notch musicians got together. The concert on...