First historic mention in 903 by king Ludwig IV as "Zenna". Langenzenn got the rights and privileges of a town in 1360.Around that time the Halsgericht moved from Cadolzburg to Langenzenn. Thus, the town got the full jurisdiction. The last execution was realized in 1763. 1361 it got the right to produce money by king Karl IV.
A big fire in 1720 destroyed the town hall. A new town hall was built, which exists this very day.
Langenzenn lies on the Südwesttangente, so it is connected very well to Fürth/Nürnberg. The railway Zenngrundbahn was built in 1872.It consorts from Fürth to Markt Erlbach and back every hour. Langenzenn has 3 stations: Langenzenn main railway station, Hardhof and Laubendorf.
Bricks are produced in Langenzenn since the 16th century. After World War II only 2 companies produce still bricks: The Koramic Dachprodukte GmbH & Co. KG,belonging to the Wienerberger Gruppe,and the Walther Dachziegel GmbH.
The steel- and materialtrader Heine + Beisswenger has a location between Langenzenn and Burggrafenhof.
The packingproducer ElringKlinger AG exports his make to many automobile companies.
Langenzenn has several industrial areas, with many smaller companies being located there.
The Langenzenner Zeitung is published every month.
Since 1977 Langenzenn has an indoor pool. The local museum opens in 1957. 1382 a hospital was built. The oldest part existing today is from 1536. In 2007 the hospital will be closed. The youth center Alte Post was founded in 1977 and is the oldest youth center in this area. The public library was founded in 1903,restored in 1983 and has ca.22000 books.
Langenzenn has a school system since 1439. Since 1967 it has an elemantary and a Hauptschule which is similar to the secondary modern school. 1984 the Wolfang Borchert Gymnasium was founded in Langenzenn, which has place for 1150 school children. Langenzenn has also 4 kindergartens.
Langenzenn's main sports club is the TSV 1894 Langenzenn supporting several sports, but mainly soccer.