Landis, Saskatchewan

Landis, Saskatchewan

Landis is a small village in western Saskatchewan, Canada, about 21.06 miles south of Wilkie and about 80.42 miles west from Saskatoon on Highway 14. Landis has shrunk to a population of 119 down from the population of 482 according to the 2001 census. It is located within the Sun West School Division. From 1907 to 1909, the post office at Sec.23, Twp.37, R.18, W3 was known as Daneville. In 1925, Landis was a Canadian National Railway Station on the G.T.P. Grand Trunk Pacific Railway West Line.

Government

Historical education

The one room school house was named Landis School District #2363 and was formed at Tsp 37 Rge 17 W of the 3 Meridian.

Book

The Landis Record written by the Landis Historical Society.

Demographics

N/A = Data Not Available

See also

Area statistics

  • Latitude 52°12′ N
  • Longitude 108°27′ W
  • Dominion Land Survey Section 24, Township 37, Range 18 West of the 3rd Meridian

Time zone (CST) UTC−6

Location


 
 
 
 
 
 
North: Wolfe | Trayner Traynor p.o.
West: Leipzig Landis East: Palo
 
South: Springwater

External links

References

Search another word or see Landis, Saskatchewanon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature
FAVORITES
RECENT

;