LG-Nortel is a joint venture company created between the Canadian group Nortel and the South Korean group LG Electronics. Founded in November 2005, it involves the engineering and design of telecommunications equipment. LG to the distribution, marketing and services Nortel. The company, which has approximately 1,500 employees, designs and markets advanced solutions for telecommunications networks operators and enterprises in Korea and internationally.
- The company has developed a range of IP phones (MGCP / SIP / H.323), wireless and outposts such as videophones (SIP) compatible with a variety of solutions and ToIP IP Centrex for the market Businesses and operators.
- On May 14, 2007, the company introduced three new products for unified communications compatible with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007. For example, the terminal LG-Nortel IP Phone 8540's includes the operating system Windows CE, and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007. It also includes a biometric reader for security. The user can at any time consult their Outlook calendar, mail or the condition of presence of his associates on the telephone .
In August 2008, the company acquired Novera Optics, a developer of fiber-optic access solutions that extend high-speed carrier Ethernet services, for approximately $16M in cash, plus up to an additional $10M to Novera security holders based on achievement of future business milestones over the next 18 months.
- The company has also developed a range of IP PABX hybrids, known as Aria Soho, the market for SOHO / SME.
- Getting broadband optical (eg WDM-PON)
- Set-top access gateways and VoIP
- Access and mobile core network WiBro, WiMax, CDMA, IP Multimedia Subsystem...
Composition of the shareholding
has paid $ 145 million for 50% stake plus one share, LG Electronics
taking the balance.