is a municipality
in the district of Trachselwald
in the Swiss canton
Lützelflüh lies in the lower Emmental
, right on the Emme
. The Emme divides the town into the older part of the town on the right shore and the younger part on the left shore. The exclaves Lauterbach and Oberried also belong to the municipality. The municipality is neighbored by Rüegsau
, and Hasle bei Burgdorf
. It has a population of about 4,000.
or barons of Lützelflüh were first mentioned in 1130
. The town of Lützelflüh developed out of this barons' seat. In 1230
the Freiherre of Brandis
took the place of those of Lützelflüh and built themselves a castle between Lützelflüh and Rüegsau.
In 1450, the Brandis' castle was sold to the nobility of Bern. It was then sold and inherited several times until it ended up in the hand of the city of Bern in 1607. The town then became a sheriffhood of Bern. The last sheriff was Franz Ludwig May.
On April 14, 1798, the castle burnt down and this was the end of the sheriffhood Brandis. The municipality Lützelflüh became part of the district Trachselwald.
- The church of Lützelflüh was built in 1505 and renovated in 1962. The graves of the 3 poets of Lützelflüh: Jeremias Gotthelf, Simon Gfeller and Emanuel Friedli are located on the south side of the church.
- The Gotthelf-Museum named after the poet is located near the church
Tourism in Lützelflüh is small but not unimportant. Several inns typical for the region offer rooms and it is also possible to vacation in the local farms.