was a village
near the lake of Kastoria
The name Krepeni appears in a title deed executed by Nicholas Bagas Baldovin of Serbia.
The village of Krepeni had a historical relationship with both the nearby village of Mavrovo as well as with the Mavriotissa monastery, which was named Krepeniotissa in the early 17th century.
In the British Baldwin & Craddock Map of Greece (printed on 1 January 1830 by a printer located at 47 Paternoster Row, London) the village of Krepeni is not shown, although the nearby village of Mavrobo (alternative spelling of Mavrovo) is visible.
The Mavriotissa monastery was a significant land owner in the village of Krepeni.
In the end of the 18th century the patriarch of the Mavrovitis family moved his people from Krepeni to Mavrovo in order to avoid a plague epidemic.
It is believed that there were frequent movements of population between the villages of Krepeni and Mavrovo.