Between the years of 1318 and 1323, the village was held by Tluček, Bohuněk, Licek, Mikuláš and Sezema from Kratonohy. In the 14th century, a citadel probably existed there, but the oldest written record about the citadel comes from the 16th century. In the second part of the 14th century, prominent people in the village were the Lords of Častolovice, Licek from Kratonohy and Perchta, daughter of Sezema from Kostomlaty. Perchta made a donation of some estates to St. George Monastery in Prague. From 1407–1467, there were Hroch from Dobřenice and brothers Jiří and Adam Dobřenský.
In the year 1623, Kratonohy was bought for 20,800 units of Míšeňská kopa (currency) by Alžběta Vchynská from Vchynice and Chlumec. The homestead had been held by Kinský lineage to 1644, but due to mortgages, they sold it to Asterles from Asterfeld.
At beginning of the 18th century, an elementary school was built.
St. Jacob Church—Gothic based, baroquized in 1707-1710. It had an inwrought interior with an unusual solution: the altar was made as grotto and the rostrum as whale. The altar is a reproduction of a Spanish altar of St. James from Compostela. The wife of manor owner Jan Adam Michna from Vacínov was Spanish, thus it is believed that its interior is the work of Spanish artists. It is one of the most impressive church interiors in the Czech Republic.