(近藤 "near wisteria
") is a Japanese surname
, and is sometimes used in other contexts.
People named Kondo:
- Koji Kondo, musician, composer
- Dorinne K. Kondo, anthropologist
- Ezekiel Kondo, Bishop, Diocese of Khartoum, Episcopal Church of the Sudan
- Jun Kondo, physicist, researcher of the Kondo effect
- Nobutake Kondo, naval commander
- Kondo Isami, chief of the Shinsengumi
- Kondo Keitaro, author, recipient of the Akutagawa Prize
- Junya Kondo, founder of Hatena Co., Ltd.
- Tomio Kondō, photographer of Sado island
- Tomoko Kondo, a member of the 80's J-Pop duo BaBe
- Yoshifumi Kondō, an animator and film director from Studio Ghibli.
- Yuki Kondo, mixed martial arts fighter.
- Kondo was the former name of Behanzin, King of Dahomey (now Benin), Africa
Other uses of Kondo:
- Kondō (lit. Golden Hall in Japanese [this Kondō is 金堂]), is usually the main hall of a Buddhist temple, eg. in Hōryū-ji, Nara Prefecture
- In physics, the Kondo effect regards the presence of a magnetic impurity in a solid. It is named for Jun Kondo.
- Kondo can refer to the KHR-2HV robot.