Kicaster is a town located in northwestern Wilson County, Texas on Farm to Market Road 3432 twelve miles northwest of Floresville. The community was founded near the Kicaster Creek soon after the Civil War. A one room school was in operation by 1896 with an enrollment of forty-nine students. By the 1930s Kicaster had a school a church, a graveyard and a number of houses. Several stores were located in the small community. After World War II the school was closed, and by the early 1980s only a cemetery, a small store called Kicaster Corners and a few scattered dwellings remained.
Kicaster Creek begins in the recharge zone for the Carrizo-Wilcox Aquifer, near Kicaster six miles southwest of the town of La Vernia, Texas in northwestern Wilson County, Texas and flows through the Sand Hills Region of Wilson County, Texas for eleven miles southeastward to its mouth three miles northwest of the town of Floresville, Texas on the San Antonio River.