is a rare German surname native to the mountain areas of Switzerland
. Etymologically, it appears to be a topographical name meaning "someone living by a bend in a road", and elsewhere an occupational name for a "cleaner".
It can also refer to the following people:
- Elisabeth Kehrer (1961+) - Austrian career diplomat.
- Ferdinand Adalbert Kehrer (1883-1966) - German research psychiatrist.
- Ferdinand Adolf Kehrer (1837-1914) - Inventor of the modern Caesarean section
- Flora Kehrer - Wife of Enea Bossi, Sr. an Italian-American aerospace engineer and aviation pioneer
- Florian Kehrer - Director of the film Die Viertelliterklasse, an Austrian comedy released by Luna Films in 2005.
- Fritz Kehrer - Member of the field hockey team representing Switzerland at the 1948 Summer Olympics
- Johannes Kehrer - Competitor in the 1996 Isle of Man TT
- Jonathan Kehrer - Co-founder and producer of Undermine Records of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Jürgen Kehrer - German author of detective stories (Jürgen_Kehrer)
- Karl Christian Kehrer - German portrait painter in Berlin of the late 18th century.
- Louisa Kehrer - Wife of George Charles Boldt proprietor of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel and Bellevue-Stratford Hotel
- Nico Kehrer - Competitor for Honda in the 2002 German Motorcycle Grand Prix.
- Michael Kehrer - Council member of the Westland City, Michigan.
- Rudolf Kehrer (1923+) - Much-recorded classical pianist from Tiflis, Georgia
- Tillie (Horath) Kehrer - First lieutenant and nurse of the 51st Evac Hospital of Sacramento, California
- Willy Kehrer (1902-1976) - Composer, pianist, improviser, conductor, educator and choir leader from Dresden, Saxony