Kaushal S. Inamdar (born 2 October, 1971 in Pune (Maharashtra) is an Indian singer and music composer in Marathi and Hindi movies. His work in music spans from composing music for films, television, drama to events, concerts in Hindi and Marathi, composing music for ballets, advertisements, and also albums. He is currently settled at Goregaon, a Mumbai suburb.
Kaushal did his schooling from IES Modern English School, Dadar
and Billimoria High School, Panchgani
. Thereafter he graduated from the D. G. Ruparel College
, Mumbai, where he came in contact with Chetan Datar who initiated him into theatre. While in school, he had taken some primary lessons from Kamalakar Bhagwat, a renowned music composer himself, but he began learning the finer nuances of music composition only after he finished graduation and after a short stint as a writer in television soaps from his Guru, Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande
, an eminent Hindustani vocalist
known for his insightful study of North Indian Classical music
Kaushal has worked with a lot of talented artists—singers and musicians. Some of them include — Shankar Mahadevan
, Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande
, Sadhana Sargam
, Suresh Wadkar
, Shreya Ghoshal
, Mahalaxmi Iyer
, Raghunandan Panshikar, Shubha Joshi, Ninad Kamath, Sanjeev Chimmalgi
, Hamsika Iyer
, Swanand Kirkire
, Ravindra Sathe, Shilpa Pai, Sonali Karnik, Shobha Joshi, Karsan Sagathia, Kirti Sagathia, Sanjeevani Bhelande, and many others.
Kaushal has been one of the mentors for the program Idea Saregamapa on Zee Marathi
- Music for the Official CD ROM - Miss World 1996 in Bangalore, India
- Composed a song for 'Celebrating India' which was performed by greats like Pt. Satish Vyas (santoor), Pt. Bhavani Shankar (pakhawaj), Kala Ramnath (violin), Purbayan Chatterjee (sitar), Roopak Kulkarni (flute), Sanjeev Chimmalgi (vocals) at the Gateway of India, 2003
- Composed the invocation song for the opening ceremony of the Mumbai Festival, which was sung by 63 school-children in January 2005
- Recreated 'Bilhan', a musical by Mangesh Padgaonkar & P. L. Deshpande after a gap of 50 years
- 'Gaganzula', a programme based on new marathi music and choreography
- 'Rain Raga' - a fusion concert on the rains with Louiz Banks, George Brooks, Rupak Kulkarni, Sanjeev Chimmalgi, Hamsika Iyer, Gino Banks, Sheldon D'Silva, Vinayak Netke, Ravindra Chary, and Rafique Ahmed. Produced by Pancham Nishad Creatives.
(Songs won the best playback award male/female at the Maharashtra State Awards 2003)
(This Marathi movie has made it to many international film festivals, and also won the National Award in 2004)
- Adhantari - a film by Subhash Phadke
- Rasta Roko - A film by Devashish Shedge
- Its Breaking News (2007) - a feature film in Hindi by Vishal Inamdar
- Hungama - a feature film in Marathi by Rohan Shivalkar
- Shubhra Kalya Moothbhar - based on the poetry of Late Smt. Shanta Shelke
Singers – Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande, Sadhana Sargam, Ranjana Jogalekar, etc.
- Ratra Bhizali - songs of the night
Singers – Shankar Mahadevan, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Sameer Date, etc.
- Geetecha to saakshi vadala – a translation of Shri Nagaraja Rao’s poem - 'The Geeta's Witness'
Artsite - Shri Vidyadhar Gokhale.
- Bhavanjali - a devotional Hindi Album based on the philosophy of Swami Samarth Ramdas
Rendered by famous classical vocalist, Shri Raghunandan Panshikar
- Kamana Purti - an album for Sony Music, rendered by Sanjeev Chimmalgi.
- Man Pakharache Hoi - Milind Gunaji’s poems set to tune.
- Chaphyache Shimpan - an album composed by Kaushal S. Inamdar, with songs rendered by Sonali Karnik.