Kalwa is a small town on the outskirts of the Indian city of Mumbai. It is located in northern Thane and is the suburb of the Thane city. Kalwa comes under the Thane Municipal Corporation. The Kalwa bridge links Kalwa and Thane. Kalwa is home to many schools, colleges and the famous Chattrapati Shivaji Hospital and Rajiv Gandhi Medical college.
Kalwa has also been an important industrial hub in the state of Maharashtra. The massive industrialization around the Belapur Road, passing through Kalwa has supposedly turned it into one of the biggest industrial and manufacturing hubs in India. The important old Mumbai-Pune highway passes through Kalwa. The leading industrial product exported from this town are fuel filters for Ford Motor Corporation.
31 km North East of Mumbai
on the western coast of India.
Also close to Navi Mumbai Airoli
node via the Thane-Belapur road TB road for short. Kalwa is situated between Parsik hills on East and Thane Creek on West side.
- JVM's New English School, Kalwa
- Sahakar Vidya Prasarak Mandal's High School, Kalwa.
- Padmavati Venkatesh High School, Kalwa.
- Manisha Vidyalaya, Manisha Nagar, Kalwa.
- New Kalwa Highschool & Jr. College, Old Belapur Road, Kalwa.
- Dnyanprasarini Vidyalaya, Old Belapur Road, Kalwa.
- Janakibai R. Salvi College of Arts, Commerce and Science.
- NMM Co-op Hsg. Society.
- Gunsagar Nagar (Devchaya, Ekopa, Antariksh,Parijat soc, Madhiri Soc)
- Shree Pushpa Chs (Dattawadi)
- Sayadri CHS
- Jeevangram CHS
- Sudama Nagar
- Ratnasagar CHS
- Pratibha CHS[Manisha - Nagar ]
- Om Prasad CHS [Manisha - Nagar ]
- Jai Trimurti CHS Ltd
- Changuna CHS
- Muktidham CHS
- Hira arcade
- Roshan Park CHS Ltd
- Sky Scraper CHS
- Rameshwar co-op.housing.soc.ltd
- Om Prarthana CHS, Vikramnagar
- Mandakini Chs
- Siddhakala CHS [Manisha - Nagar ]
- Abhilasha CHS [Shastri Nagar]