is a veteran stage
and television actress
who is better known for her matronly roles.
Robert's appearance belied a fiery emotional core, one she used to devastating effect in her most recognized dramatic roles. She began her career in the theater, and her first film role was a small part in John Cassavetes' Minnie and Moskowitz, although it is believed that she had previously been in several low-budget movies. She later appeared in the film adaptation of The Late, Great Planet Earth and also worked for Woody Allen in Stardust Memories.
In 2007 Roberts played a judge named Shaw in James Wan's Death Sentence, which is a reference to the Mary Shaw character played by her for the same director in Dead Silence.
- Minnie and Moskowitz (1971), as Wife
- Nashville Girl (1976), as Fran
- The Student Body (1976), as Mrs. Blalock
- The Late, Great Planet Earth (1979), as Whore of Babylon
- Stardust Memories (1980), as Singer of 'Three Little Words'
- Mother's Boys (1994), Narrator
- Faceless (1996), as Marge Garacci
- Fast Food Fast Women (2000), as Bella's Mother
- Dead Silence (2007), as Mary Shaw
- Death Sentence (2007), as Judge Shaw
- The Nanny Diaries (2007), as Milicent
- The Voysey Inheritance
- Richard III
- Umbrellas of Cherbourgh
- Tesla's Letters
- Trudy Blue
- Dybuk,Hartford Stage Company
- Milk Car Doesn't Stop Here Anymore,Hartford Stage Company